Mangosteen, Rambutan, and Horned Melon

I always plan on trying new things when I go to the Farmer's Market, emphasis on plan. I usually end up filling my basket with old favorites and saving the new items for another day.  Today I stuck with my mission to try at least one unfamiliar item and ended up trying three new fruit.  Two were winners.  One proved itself to basically be an overpriced and labor intensive version of a cucumber. Check out these directions for eating horned melon and tell me it doesn't sound a little involved for fruit.  Had I known that it is sometimes called a cucumber melon I would have at least had an inkling that the super exotic exterior was disguising an underwhelming interior, but since it was labeled otherwise, I was not prepared for the let down.

How to eat rambutan

How to eat a horned melon

How to eat a mangosteen