It's not uncommon for people to find eating well on a budget challenging, so I thought I'd share the highlights of a presentation I recently attended by Crystal Collins of The Thrifty Mama.
- Favor real food over high priced organic packaged food
- Printable and Estore coupons are available for organic products Thrifty Mama has a page dedicated to Online Grocery Deals
- Meal planning is a crucial step in cost effective shopping
- Consider once a month or batch cooking to make most of specials
- Find a fresh farmers market near you - localharvest.org has an extensive directory
- Ask about farmer's use of fertilizer and pesticides to find affordable organic equivalents
The presentation was part of the Tea Talk series being held at Christina Marie's in downtown Dallas, Ga. Connect with the Organique wellness support community on Facebook to keep up with the latest.