Easy Sunday Morning Tofu Scramble

I have been rolling out of bed kind of late on Sundays.  After I blow an hour on Pinterest there is almost no time to get situated for Super Soul Sunday.  I've started buying the pre-chopped veggies which I previously thought were just for lazy people (now I know they are also for people who are only lazy on Sunday mornings) to help save time.
I used a pre-cut tripepper blend and red onion along with a block of firm tofu to make a really fast scramble. 

Tofu Scramble
1 cup tripepper mix
1 cup red onion
1 tbs minced garlic
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs Braggs Amino Acids
2 tbs nutritional yeast
1 block firm tofu

Press as much water as possible out of tofu.  Microwave for about 3 minutes allow to cool and press again.  Saute peppers and onions in olive oil until onions begin to caramelize.  Add crumbled tofu and remaining ingredients.  Cook until it is heated thoroughly and the tofu blackened in some areas. The entire process should take about 15 minutes. 



The most time consuming part of cooking with tofu is removing the moisture. I've ordered a tofu press to help with that.  I'll be experiementing with the press gadget in the near future.