Broccoli Apple Juice

I'm leaving for a 10 day retreat in less than a week.  Since the Hubs and I have completely opposite eating styles I'm trying to avoid going to the grocery store before I leave. This has lead to some interesting food combinations.
I discovered a massive bag of broccoli hiding out in the freezer along with lots of apple juice concentrate.  When I first combined the two it tasted like standard apple juice followed by a poot.  I added freshly juiced ginger and the sulphurous aftertaste totally disappeared.  I would try this recipe again even with a full fridge of options. 

1 lb frozen broccoli
1 pkg apple juice concentrate
1/2 C juiced ginger root

Combine and blend broccoli, 2 cans of water, 1 can apple juice concentrate, and 1/2 cup of juiced ginger in high powered blender. If you don't have a high powered blender you will need to steam the broccoli prior to blending.

Labels: ,