Hot Italian Chickpea Popcorn


Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s Eat to Live program really resonates with me.  The eating style outlined in his books encourages simplicity, plant-based eating, and allowing your body to have the final say on what your “ideal” weight actually is.  He was a guest on the Dr. Oz show last week.  I managed to ignore the super lame framing of the eating plan (healthy crash diet- booooo) and I picked up a simple/tasty recipe idea.
I slightly modified the original recipe by reducing the amount of oil and adding cayenne pepper.   This is an excellent side to my Zucchini Pasta.  I'll be posting that recipe soon.  

Hot Italian Chickpea Popcorn 

15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 350F
Mix all ingredients
Spread on baking sheet
Bake for 45 minutes
Enjoy