30 Days Raw

Raw Organic Radish + Sweet Red Pepper + Avocado = YUM
Today is the first official day of my raw project.  The raw project fits well with my mission to explore a new veggie (or fruit) every week.  I've been trying new salad recipes. My favorite new combo so far this week is sweet red peppers and tangerines. On the veggie exploration front, I gave kumquats a whirl this week. I think I would prefer them in cookies but that will have to wait until after I finish celebrating live food.  This recipe looks really easy and making it veg friendly wouldn't be complicated.  Flax seed can be used to substitute for egg.  This recipe calls for two eggs.  To create a flax seed substitute just blend 2 tablespoons of flax seed with 6 tablespoons water until the mixture appears creamy. I have been daydreaming about cooked food since I decided to focus on raw food for a month.  I know this will pass.  I'm pretty sure dreaming up ideas for veg cookies isn't helping though.  This is a snapshot of what I'm snacking on at the moment.  It isn't a cookie but it is delicious just the same. 

Labels: ,