Eating Beautiful on a Budget

I've been feeling really constricted by all the expert advice I've been reading lately. I've decided to reclaim ease and flow this year. I'm not going to think in terms of meals this year. Food is fuel and I eat it when I darn well please. I don't need random people telling me when to eat, or how often. 2010 is all about getting in touch with my body. Like about a gazillion other people I experienced some budget shifts this past year but I'm not going to let budget concerns stop me from making my body a priority. I'll be eliminating trips to the gym, reviving my home morning workout from the dead, and getting my veggies on for 5 bucks a day. I'm sure I'll be learning a lot along the way. I'm not putting a lot of pressure on myself or shooting for perfection. There is always tomorrow.

Day 1
Coffee w/soy milk - .16
Progresso Veg Soup - 2.00
Organic Spinach - .50
Herbal Tea - .10
Homemade Rum Cake - 1.00
Peanut Butter - .30
Miso Soup - .66
4.72
Of course these values are approximate based on the cost of the total package and the amount of food actually consumed. Keeping in budget means watching portion sizes and skipping out on most processed food. This is day one and it is already clear that a lot of money can be lost to packaging. Do you want to spend your hard earned money on chemicals, boxes, and cans? I know I don't but avoiding the convenience food trap requires planning and that is something that is going to take a bit of getting used to.

Labels: